Old March 5th 19, 11:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

Default Wheel weight

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 09:41:29 +1100, James
wrote:

On 6/3/19 2:48 am, wrote:
On Tuesday, March 5, 2019 at 7:45:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:

The carbon clinchers: Front; 1.13 Kg Rear with 11-29 cassette; 1.58 Kg.

That is with tires and tubes. And the speedo magnet.

If you changed to a Garmin or other GPS based speedometer, you could
save valuable grams from the front wheel because there's no need for a
magnet.

I've always been a little skeptical about GPS calculated measurements.
I remember back when we lived on the boat the GPS would sometimes
measure the altitude at 10 feet which was about twice the height above
sea level that the receiving antenna was mounted at.

--
Cheers,
John B.