Old March 11th 19, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Rolf Mantel[_2_]

Default Wheel weight

Am 08.03.2019 um 19:03 schrieb Frank Krygowski:

For my limited bicycle riding, I don't really need a map.

I don't understand these problems.

Our county engineer gives away free maps.

A simple example for trips where GPS comes useful is one I took with my
son a while ago.

Plan was: take the train to a small town in the next state (Hessen),
follow a river trail for some 20 miles (or maybe more) and see how to
come home from there by train.

When we reached our minimal distance at lunchtime, my son agreed to go
on, but following some trail signs through the forest rather than along
the river, reaching the third state (Bavaria, for which I had no offline
map) mid-afternoon. From there, follow another river trail downhill
"for a bit", and upon seeing a sign to Frankfurt "Oh, let's got There",
turning a 20 miles planned trip spontaneously into a 65 mile trip in
unknown territory...