Old March 14th 19, 08:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Now Back In Ho****er

On Monday, March 11, 2019 at 8:16:39 AM UTC-7, sms wrote:
On 3/7/2019 9:59 AM, AMuzi wrote:

snip

Sounds like victory!
Speaking as a guy who's generally suspicious of many modern
'improvements', I just love flexible supply tubes.

A lot of new fixtures come with the supply tubes permanently attached.
If the fixture goes bad you replace the whole thing. It sounds wasteful,
but it's labor-saving and eliminates two places where there could be
more leaks.

We re-did three bathrooms about 15 years ago. The sink faucets all
failed after about 15 years. I was glad that Costco now sells Moen and
Hansgrohe bath and kitchen faucets.

Our kitchen faucet once had a lower flow rate than normal. I took it
apart and found a tiny stone lodged inside. So apparently it's not
unheard of for a small stones to get past water treatment. Also, on
occasion, if there's a water main break, the water company sources water
from a well until the break is repaired, and there is no treatment at
all, just testing of the water from the well.

Most water utilities are on a 100 year replacement schedule, replacing
1% of the infrastructure every year, plus whatever breaks. So there are
still original pipes in use in areas that were built after 1919.

The one thing I found a bit irritating is that the models keep changing so that I can't just buy a new one that looks like the old one. Then the reach or height of the thing is always wrong.