Old July 20th 04, 03:01 AM
Jee Doy

Default Gels vs Gatorade

I'm feeling great, and pose this question to see if
anyone has better results with a mix of water/gels, or bars and
water/energy drinks or any other combo.

If you're feeling great, something is working. I learned the hard way with
hunger pangs, dried salty sweat, and cramps. All signs of electrolyte
imbalance.

Now I start hydration sooner, take two Accelerade bottles (the newer formula
tastes better), GU energy gels and energy bars (even Snickers Marathon is
good), at least two bananas and Chinese dried salted orange peels.

I also stop more often, get off the bike, and eat and drink for approximately
10 minutes.