Old September 7th 19, 03:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pedestrian takes the law into his own hands

On 07/09/2019 14:22, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, September 6, 2019 at 12:20:40 AM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:

You're making a rather big leap to assume that if something is not
permitted it is necessarily dangerous. Shared paths, created by the
stroke of a bureaucrat's pen on previously ordinary footways,
demonstrate it is not so.

Good point. The Nugents and the Pounders rant about pavement cyclists until the council workers and their can of Magic White Paint create a shared use path, then we are told cyclists should not be on the carriageway.

Not by me, you aren't. Footways are sometimes used - lazily and cheaply
- as cycle routes by local authorities, but no-one sensible agrees with
it. Cyclists belong on the carriageway, taking their chances with the
rest of the traffic and complying with traffic law.