Old September 9th 19, 12:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pavement parking to be banned?

On 09/09/2019 11:18, Simon Mason wrote:
QUOTE:

"Pavement parking in London has been an offence since 1974 and attracts a £70 fine.

Mrs Greenwood added: ‘The Government’s inaction has left communities blighted by unsightly and obstructive pavement parking and individuals ***afraid or unable to leave their homes*** (EMPHASIS MINE) or safely navigate the streets.’

She said a public awareness campaign is needed to educate people on the negative impacts of pavement parking.

Huw Merriman, MP for Bexhill-on-Sea, said the town, which was visited by the panel, is in a state of parking chaos, especially for the elderly.

He said: ‘I’m afraid we have parking anarchy here because people believe they can get away with anything.’ "
END QUOTE.

**APPLAUSE**

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-drivers.html

Whereabout is the mention of the cyclist?

Are we to assume that you also dsapprove of the chaining of bicycles to
street furniture and other property adjoing footways?