Old September 10th 19, 12:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Pavement parking to be banned?

On 10/09/2019 00:27, TMS320 wrote:

On 09/09/2019 12:34, JNugent wrote:
On 09/09/2019 11:18, Simon Mason wrote:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...r-drivers.html

Whereabout is the mention of the cyclist?

I often leave my bike at home and use the pavement. Sometimes I also
stand still on it.

How interesting (sigh).

So whereabout is the mention of the cyclist which makes it an on-topic post?

Are we to assume that you also dsapprove of the chaining of bicycles
to street furniture and other property adjoing footways?

Do you ever walk anywhere where you find this is a problem? It's usuall
better to deal with bigger problems first.

Are things only a problem if they impact me, then?

I ask that because I also never have problems with cars parked on the
footway - but that doesn't mean that I either approve of that or oppose
moves to prevent it.

But for reasons of your own (I wonder what they could be?), you think
it's alright to block footways with parked or semi-abandoned bikes, but
(apparently) not cars.

Sensible people, on the other hand, oppose obstruction of the footway
with *anything*, including cars, vans and bicycles. And not always -
probably not even usually - because they are personally adversely affected.