Old February 22nd 18, 04:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Ouch. This happened to me once

On 2018-02-22 06:50, Ralph Barone wrote:
sms wrote:
On 2/21/2018 2:23 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:
On Wed, 21 Feb 2018 12:14:58 -0500, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

Which is the same effect as your message that "Roads are dangerous,
don't ride a bike until you have a separate bike path."

You guys have pounded on Joerg's mistakes until they are welded to his
soul. One can't possibly change an opinion that is a key part of
one's identity.

Of course Joerg never said any such thing, it's just one more of a
series of the fabrications that some people are famous for.

You're right. I believe what Jorge has said is "Roads are dangerous, I
don't ride a bike unless I have a separate bike path."

I never said that. Yesterday I rode Green Valley Road into Cameron Park,
something I do about once a week.

He has also said that his neighbours say "Roads are dangerous, don't ride a
bike until you have a separate bike path."

That is correct. When neighbors hear about Green Valley Road and my
suggestion to join me for a ride the reactions are between "No" and
"Hell no!". When it's trucking the bikes to a trail head the answer is
often an enthusiastic "Yes". Trucking is something I personally do not
like, I prefer to ride from the garage and not use a car at all if possible.

Those are the cold hard facts and sticking the head in the sand about
them isn't helpful. Yet that's what some folks do. Luckily few enough
that smart city leaders aren't influenced much by them.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/