Old March 19th 18, 08:46 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default How long should pedals last?

Yesterday one of the pedals on my road bike started making noise. By the
end of the ride there was a large amount of play on the pedal axle. I
was waiting for the whole thing to disintegrate but I made it home.

I ordered some new MKS pedals this morning, but I'm wondering what kind
of mileage I should get out of a set of pedals. These are the original
pedals that came with my Specialized Sirrus. They are plaform pedals,
since I prefer toe-clips to SPD.

Also breaking yesterday was my Nashbar floor pump, after fixing a flat
on my wife's bicycle (and the glue in my REMA patch kit was dried up)
the check valve was flaky and the handle also kept coming out of the
tube section. Pumped up the tires with my old Zefal HPX. Ordered a new
pump along with the pedals.

Ate lunch in Shallow Alto where Apple was having some Apple Pay
promotion at a bunch of stores and restaurants, but of course couldn't
get the lunch deal with my Android phone. This was iDiscrimination.

Came home and there had been a power failure and my Internet was down
because the UPS had blown.