Old December 12th 05, 11:15 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Hill cadence

Euan Wrote:
In another thread a poster stated that his hill cadence was in the
eighties and his flat cadence was between 95-100.

My flat cadence is similar but when I hit a hill my cadence hits about
110, certainly stays over 100. I find I cruise up hills with relative
ease at that cadence.

Is there benefit to a lower cadence going up hills?
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,

Isnt the theory (call to those more tech-nerd-savvy) that you keep more
'juice' in your legs?
And that standing/slower cadence uses ~10% mor energy?

If speed is the object, then bigger_gear/therefore_slower_cadence works
better (depending upon how long you can last?), as Tim"The Twiddler"C
and Dave"PB"B can attest on BRs

--
flyingdutch