Old July 29th 19, 09:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jOHN b.

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On Mon, 29 Jul 2019 14:16:48 -0400, Joy Beeson
wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jul 2019 21:04:23 -0700 (PDT), pH wrote:

We will be hoping for a full report at rec.bicycles.rides or here.
Hope all goes well and that you don't get too irritated with having to wait for everyone to catch up all the time.

I have started a report at rec.bicycles.rides, but it's taking a lot
more words than I expected, and putting the paragraphs into logical
order is turning out to be complex.

Perhaps I'll finish the report before next year's ride.

At first I had no intention of repeating -- following arrows on the
pavement around a no-destination loop is just not my bag -- but after
coming down with heat exhaustion, I want to try again without the
stupid mistakes.

(Confessing to those is also slowing up the report writing.)

I'm, perhaps, being petty but you didn't "come down" with heat
exhaustion in the sense that you came down with the flu, or came down
with whooping ca ugh. You developed heat exhaustion due to your own
acts, usually expending too much energy with insufficient intake of
water, and quite often salt. Or to put it another way, it wasn't done
to you, you did it to yourself :-(
--
cheers,

John B.