Old July 30th 19, 04:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default What do you find worse - dry heat or heat & humidity?

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 03:52:02 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I'm, perhaps, being petty but you didn't "come down" with heat
exhaustion in the sense that you came down with the flu, or came down
with whooping ca ugh. You developed heat exhaustion due to your own
acts, usually expending too much energy with insufficient intake of
water, and quite often salt. Or to put it another way, it wasn't done
to you, you did it to yourself :-(

I definitely came down; fortunately, I flopped down under an oak tree
that provided me with a magnificent view of huge branches while I was
waiting for my ride.

I was pretty much recovered when he got there. He said later that
when I called I sounded so rocky that he seriously considered siccing
911 on me. Which might be why he called back when he'd got his GPS
loaded with my co-ordinates: to make sure I could answer.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net