Old March 14th 17, 01:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

Default Shifter cables 1.1mm vs 1.2mm

On Mon, 13 Mar 2017 11:19:07 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

On 3/13/2017 5:21 AM, wrote:
On Monday, March 13, 2017 at 2:15:37 AM UTC+1, ixiz wrote:
My original question is not of the cable head. FYI i have been using cables of non ergo shifters for decades and all i do is i Drexel them and checke the size before i insert int the shifters with zero issues

And yes i realize the brakes are larger in fact 1.6mm or more.

My question is shifter cables diameter 1,1 or 1,2mm

Doesn't matter imho. I used both. IIRC SRAM were the only 1.1 mm. I think is all about weight.

Oh, I know! Ever since switching to 1.1mm cables, I surge past my
friends on the uphills! ;-)

But with that lighter weight you will be a bit slower coasting down
the hills :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.