Old September 17th 03, 11:26 PM
Tanya Quinn

Default What made the last big bike boom? The next?

Ken Kifer's website has an excellent article on cycling in the 70's:
http://www.kenkifer.com/bikepages/lifestyle/70s.htm

Its sad we won't get to read more of his thoughts.

Jeff Potter wrote in message ...
I think the last big bike boom was in the mid-70's. It happened because
of:

*cheap light 10speeds hit US shores for 1st time
*US bicentennial, with its urge to 'ride across the country'
*high gas prices
*low-traffic backroads
*plentiful public cultu living downtowns, nonlitigious property
owners, generous campsite finding, cheap tentsites

What will inspire the next boom?

*I don't know!

--

Jeff Potter