Old March 18th 07, 06:26 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default specialized saddles

On Mar 18, 10:03 am, "Bob Magatagan" wrote:
I really meant for support, if the rails are strong enough, if other people
have had problems, if they thought is was comfortable.......things like

SNIP Lordy top posting sucks SNIP

The rails are virtually the same for both the Toupe and Alias (same
material, same diameter, slightly different shape). If you haven't had
"strength" issues with one you shouldn't have issues with the other.

Comfort is a personal thing. I actually like both saddles, but I
prefer the Toupe. That said, I would not consider the Toupe for day
to day riding on a mountain bike. The Toupe has no edge protection and
a very thin cover. I use mine for my roads bikes and for endurance
events. For day to day beating around ... I ride an Alias.