Old September 14th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
andytait

Default Rolling hop help.

Thanks for all the advice. I need to try to get my feet horizontal I
think at first to get some height, then I'll concentrate on hitting
things at different trajectories. I can hop a curb approaching from an
angle or straight on, just not every time, I do more of a 'lift' than a
hop if you know what I mean, and if the curb is more then 3 or 4 inches
there is no guarantee I'll make it, the tyre will often catch the edge
of the curb.

Do you actually momentarily stop the uni wheel when you take off, with
the momentum being carried forward by your body, or is the idea for the
wheel to be moving all the time?

Andy

--
andytait