Old August 2nd 03, 12:20 AM
Tim McNamara

Default More on disk brakes and wheel ejection

In article ,
wrote:

Tim McNamara writes:

Well, this is still preliminary research and whilst it will
undoubtedly put a bit of a rocket up the proverbial of many fork
manufacturers from our point of view as riders of disc equipped
bikes a little perspective is in order. Whilst it is looking like
there seems to be an emerging problem the incidences of actual
accidents that can be attributed to skewers undoing are clearly
very small. Common sense coupled with a routine of skewer
checking whilst out on the trails will most likely be enough to
limit the problem to a very small risk. In short there is nothing
here that suggests mountain bikers with disc brakes should panic
and revert back to V-brakes. As they say in the science world,
more research is needed.

Whoops, wait a minute, I didn't write this! This was a quote from the
article referenced in my post.