Old May 28th 15, 12:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Experiment determines drivers do not see 22% of cyclists in clear view.

On Wednesday, May 27, 2015 at 6:46:41 PM UTC-4, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 27 May 2015 13:58:00 -0700 (PDT), Andre Jute
wrote:

Motorists notice me because I represent expensive damage to the
panelwork of their cars, and everything about my bike and my
riding style announces it clearly.

Like this?
http://inhabitat.com/insane-russian-attack-bike-is-powered-by-a-chainsaw/
That should keep cars at a distance.

Or, perhaps a scorched earth policy if you're hit?
http://www.koreandrama.today/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/boys-over-flowers-episode-4-attack-on-jan-di-burning-bicycle.jpg

Or, maybe it's the clothes that make the safe cyclist?
http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/382011c0e973c010730f6a706700e095.jpg

I like the invisible bicycle idea:
https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&q=invisible+bicycle
Only those who are worthy can see the emperors new bicycle.

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D

KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

once again many years ago in our ville which boasts a flange of Fed and State coded roads...BLVD....planned interchange and bicycle paths...

I first mounted a small circle of dayglo orange on the reflector stand....The Sheriff's people said the 6" circle brought me into view from nowhere on a Blvd bike path to abt 1/4 mile plus.

Several months (36+) later Walmart began dayglo ing ......heavy stuff.
rubberized polyester.

......today we see...and so there are far fewer accidents today than would be otherwise.

but some stuff doesn't change.

coupla days ago slowly ran down a jersey rider riding into a no bike area before a flyover and turn under interchange.

die or take the side walk....

I blew the airhorn and went on...

I assume the rider 'took the lane' and traffic being fairly discrete didnah crush the baboon.

forgive us for Jute, Frank, his endorphins and self esteam spearus in another continent ...for his protection.

try to see him as entertaining....Sergeant Blimp of The Gold Fields....