Old August 9th 07, 04:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_326_]

Default Shimano wheel - bearing upgrade

who? wrote:
Pls no need to preach about the benefits of handbuilt wheels to the
choir - I build my own. I just wanted to try them as event wheels
(e.g. TTs) for the aero advantage of low spoke count and bladed spokes.

No worry, we have to cover h*lm*t effectiveness, threaded verses
threadless headsets, greased versus non-greased square tapirs (er,
tapers), clinchers versus tubulars, brifters versus bar-end and
down-tube shifters, uprights versus recumbents, horizontal top tubes
versus compact geometry, indexed versus friction shifting, CFRP versus
alloy frames, the effectiveness of Power Cranks as a training aid,
dynamo hub versus battery lighting systems, the best chain maintenance
procedures, presta versus Schrader valves, whether or not fixies need
front brakes for street riding, and if "jim beam" is actually Jobst
Brandt's sock puppet before we can return to that topic.