Old September 13th 17, 05:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default New bike for Jay

On Wednesday, September 13, 2017 at 8:07:31 AM UTC-7, wrote:
So why not another Robaix ?

Not current production because I don't want a pogo stick. The headshock thing is not my cup of tea. The old model had funny steering geometry, but no springs, and it was fine when I dropped the stem a bit. I was really liking the bike before it got swiped.

Specialized also has the SCS (short chain stay) "technology" (i.e. incompatibility), so if you want to throw on OTC wheels from another manufacturer, you're screwed. With my old Roobay, I could swap a derailleur hanger, and that would allow me to use other wheels. The SCS technology was minimal on that bike. That isn't the case with the new through axle models. If I get a fast rain bike, it's going to be plain-Jane non-proprietary stuff. The Norco is like that -- to the extent that you can be plain-Jane with through axles. The standards are changing every ten minutes. I might just stick with the Norco -- or Oxy. There is a Norco epidemic you know.

-- Jay Beattie.