Old October 29th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: Changing seasons

Last week it was still hot. On today's eight-mile ride, I wore two
pairs of tights under sweat pants, fuzzy gloves, a thick linen-cotton
scarf, two silk undershirts, one heavy-cotton jersey, and a
windbreaker -- and felt under-dressed.

Had to get my white gloves out of my walking coat -- I can't remember
where I put my yellow gloves last spring. At least I do know where my
split mittens a in my mending basket. The fingertips need
darning.

Despite the prediction, it rained at least twice during the ride, but
not hard enough to get me wet -- with me in mostly cotton and the high
in the forties (F), that was lucky. But I could have sworn that was
pellet snow hitting my face.

I remembered that I need more paper handkerchiefs in cold weather, but
there was only one in my reserve pocket when I got back, and most of
them were pretty wet when I threw them out.

Had to stop and clean my glasses once. Hope I remember to change the
spectacle rag in my sweatpants pocket.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net