Old May 10th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Where to buy cheapest XL compact frame bike decked out with Tiagra flight deck?

Need your hunting skills. Where to buy cheapest XL compact frame bike
decked out with Tiagra flight deck?

Order of priority...

1.) At minimum Tiagra flight deck.
2.) XL Compact Frame Size
3.) 8-speed

Thanks,

Randolf

Randolf: There are many companies that specialize in putting nice components
on el-cheapo framesets and wheels. But that doesn't get you the best bike
for the money, it just gets you something with a really cheap frameset and
wheels, possibly with a ride not to your liking. The frame and wheels are
the only things (apart from choosing correctly-sized stem, bars, & seat
position... along with proper assembly) that determine how a bike actually
*rides*. Fit & feel. And that varies greatly from manufacturer to
manufacturer.

You should check out this article on our website-
www.ChainReaction.com/roadbiketestrides.htm, for an idea of what to look for
when test-riding a bike. It's one of the few pieces on our website that's
brand & material neutral, so it's helpful no matter what bike you're looking
at. It will also help you to figure out if the dealer is setting things up
as they should.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com