Old January 17th 11, 03:49 AM posted to aus.bicycle
Jack Russell

Default folding bicycles

On 2011-01-16, BT Humble (aka Bruce)
Zebee Johnstone wrote:
If you aren't going to ride far and you aren't in peak hour, then take
a normal bike not a folder. Or a cheap folder. They don't fold
small, they don't ride well, and they die relatively quickly but you
can get them for $300 on ebay.

If you want small and light you pay for it. So get used to buses...

You can get them for $150 at Aldi...

(We bought 2 because that way we can fit 2 bikes internally in the car
when we travel, and cycling 5km on a not-terribly-good bike is still more
fun than walking 5km.

I was looking at their unicycle when I was in there buying my 1/12
scale model of a 650GS[1] a couple of weeks ago (thanks for the
headsup BTH!).

Looks even more portable and fun than cycling, but since I have no
idea about unicycle sizing (other than knowing it wouldn't fit in my
panniers and thus I could not get it back home), I didn't buy it.

[1] Pity they didn't have any boxer engine'd beemers.

I bought one of their folders a a couple of months ago. Apart from the
Huge weight I could not raise the saddle high enough to fit my meagre 5
foot 10 inches. Eventually I took advantage of their money back offer.

--
Remove norubbish to reply