Old November 25th 04, 06:41 AM
BobI

Pat,
I've been riding zeros for the past year or so and think they are the
"beez-kneez". I would say I have about 2500 miles on them. The plastic on
the lollipops are showing signs of wear now and they have loosened up
noticeably since when new. I may need new cleats? I think bikers in general
use equipment to the point of failure me included, but I digress. I'm a
maintenance junkie so I keep the cleats and pedal platforms lubed up pretty
good with dry lube triflo, as well as grease the bearings when they start to
spin too freely. The cleats are somewhat large, but I can hobble into
Starbucks without much trouble. The lollipop is an easy target to hit when
starting off. I can always beat my buddy off the line. He uses Looks. I got
the zeros because of the adjustable float. Which makes it easier for me to
clip out and the wide range of float allows me to save my right knee, old
football injury. The cleat stack height is pretty low also. Gee, I'm usually
not this long winded but hey I like em.

BobI

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to get some pros and cons before springing for the Speedplay
Zeros with Chromoly spindles. I plan to get and use the Coffee Cups with
them. I am going from some worn out Look 206s to Speedplays and it's a big
jump in price. The bearings in my Looks have worn out and make an

obnoxious
clicking sound with every pedal stroke. I am also tired of occasionally
sliding across the tops of the pedals while trying to click in. Has

anyone
here some experience with the Zeros?

Pat in TX