Old November 26th 04, 02:31 PM
Frank Knox

"Pat" wrote in message
I would like to get some pros and cons before springing for the Speedplay
Zeros with Chromoly spindles. I plan to get and use the Coffee Cups with
them. I am going from some worn out Look 206s to Speedplays and it's a big
jump in price. The bearings in my Looks have worn out and make an

obnoxious
clicking sound with every pedal stroke. I am also tired of occasionally
sliding across the tops of the pedals while trying to click in. Has

anyone
here some experience with the Zeros?

Pat in TX

I used X-2s for a year and loved them while cycling. It was a PIA to put
the covers while walking though. Also, any sand or dirt would clog the
cleats when I would stop on the side of the road for a rest or flat tire.
I switched to Frogs, gave my X-2s to a buddy, and never looked back. The
Frog pedals are ugly but they work perfectly, are not inconvenient when
walking, and the cleats don't clog with a little roadside dirt.