Old July 31st 08, 02:37 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mike Vandeman

Default Mike Vandeman - kook!!!

On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 00:53:11 -0700, "caveat"
wrote:

Hi all,

A comment about Mike Vandeman . . .

I just found this NG tonight and found that, like just about every other
active NG, this group has its own prolific posting nut case.
He claims to have a PhD - I doubt, after reviewing his posts, he has even
taken Psyc. 101 class or even spent a single day in college.
I don't know what he claims to have a PhD in but I don't think it is in
Psychology like he seems to like to make one think - post in this NG,

. . .

The Psychology of Mountain Biking
Michael J. Vandeman, Ph.D.
January 24, 2000

. . .

For a psychologist, mountain biking is a fascinating phenomenon.

Lying

The first thing one notices about mountain bikers is that they
lie continually!

. . .

I have a BA (yes, Mike a PhD is higher than a BA but even a BA can spot a
Bull **** PhD) in Psychology from the University of Wisconsin - Madison and
I can tell you that the way he (you Mike) words his posts in such a
confrontational and superficial manor, as well as MANY other signals, he
(you Mike) has no clue about Psychology. No Psychologist, of any
creditability, would spew such broad sweeping and unsupported
generalizations.
I would like to see him (yes, you Mike) post some of the APA published study
references he (yes, you Mike) used to validate such claims!

Chris

Th truth hurts, huh?

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande