Old December 25th 08, 01:10 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Unisykolist

Default Riding on Ice!

saskatchewanian;732293 wrote:
My first successful ride was on ice, I bought my first uni in October
last year while I was living up north, the frozen lake was the only
smooth surface around so that is where I learnt to ride, I have found
that 98 3/8" #8 Robinson screws in a Luna make a decent ice tire. After
Christmas I moved into Saskatoon and again the only flat clear areas
around were the skating rinks. All this riding on ice made me very good
at riding very gently with slow turns but the slightest bumps would
throw me off. I now ride a 26" MUni with a 3" Gazz and home made tire
chains, the chains work well on most surfaces but the Luna with screws
is better on glare ice.

OFF TOPIC: Hey I now know what a saskwatch is...I found the mystery of
your name yayayayayay You look just like one.

--
Unisykolist

Perfected...360 Unispins - Hop up 3 pallets
Going to UniNats 2009
www.unisykolist.piczo.com
-Style of riding:- Street and Trials