Old May 28th 20, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_6_]

Default Pensioner seriously injured after being hit by cyclist

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 10:10:35 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 20:55 28 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

On Thursday, May 28, 2020 at 8:51:28 PM UTC+1, Pamela wrote:
On 20:35 28 May 2020, Simon Mason said:

I too was walking along the road today and saw an aeroplane doing 500
mph but what does that have to do with the cyclist in the news article?

So you can tell the speed of an aircraft to the nearest mph AND
magically know that a cyclist in a newpaper article was doing 20mph?

Rubbish on both counts.

I wrote "I would guess the offender was doing at least 20 mph on her
bike". Did you miss it was a guess? It's plain English.

No doubt the investigation will reveal what mistake the cyclist made.

The cyclist did not make a "mistake" - the pedestrian obviously walked out in front of her for some reason and was knocked down. An open and shut case.