Old April 26th 06, 09:56 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike

Default My seat wont stay tight(pics)

"novice" wrote in message
oups.com...
The pics show all the parts. My first seat broke because it would not
stay tight. I got a replacement seat and I have the same problem. This
is from an iron horse maverick comp dx.

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/6679/00006106qj.jpg
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/1737/00006147ct.jpg

You might need a new seatpost. They're cheap on ebay. Or try some locktite
or plumber's tape (not plumber's crack) to the allen bolt to get it to hold
better. But I wouldn't risk my privates on something so iffy....

CDB