Old June 4th 04, 05:43 PM
Richard Chan

Default Advice for first bike: new or used (specialized allez elite vs cannondale r2000)

(Matt Bouchard) wrote in message . com...
Hi...

This will be my first real road bike purchase so, apologies if this
sounds a bit silly. I'm looking to buy my first real road bike in 15
years (Im 31). I will be using it for a triathlon here in California
in Sept. Afterwards I hope to integrate some touring(w/camping), but
Ill never do any racing. My budget is $850 for bike + $150 for
everything else.

Check out Colorado Cyclists, I understand they have M/L sizes (left)
on Taiwanese Litespeeds (AL) with Ultegra or 105 that are in your
price range. I think they are even triples! You bascially pay for the
bike kit and get the frame for free.