Old July 2nd 03, 03:55 PM
Zach Kaplan Cycles

Default Taiwanese recumbents

"Dave Larrington" wrote in message ...
Tom Sherman wrote:

Does anyone have the number of Pharobike Lowfats and ISO 305-mm front
wheel Ross Festine were made?

Were there *any* 305-front Festinae? I'd be somewhat surprised coz 305 is a
rare size over here and good tyres in it are very hard to find.

There were. Peter Ross brought a Festina with a 305mm front wheel and
reverse rake fork to the World HPV Championships at Interlaken,
Switzerland in 1999. I tried it out there as did many other people.
This was a model for riders who weren't tall enough for the 406mm
front wheel. I have no idea how many of these 305/406 Festinas were
produced. The tyre on the one I rode was a European brand called the
Schwalbe City Jet 54-305.

I think about a dozen Pharobike Lowfats were made in the first batch.
However someone got ahold of the remaining parts inventory from the
estate of Dan Duchaine and sold them on eBay a while back and I
believe there were some unassembled frames included so there may be
more Lowfats on the road now than the amount that Dan had actually
built up and shipped out.

Zach Kaplan