Old March 10th 04, 07:17 AM
Pete Jones

Default reviews of the Trek 8500 of 2004?

On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:15:23 -0700, "Monique Y. Herman"
blathered:

Steve the US guy I cycled with had major problems and funny he worked
in a bike shop too.....he bought a trek 5000

I just checked the Trek site, and apparently the 5000 is listed under
their "high performance road bikes."

In a mountain biking forum, I don't think it's out of line to assume
that a post describing a bike tour would be about offroad adventures.

This, coming from one of the most insipid off-topic posters in am-b.
Hypocrisy, it's what's for Sunday Brunch.

Looks like a bit of an offroad adventure to me:
http://www.btinternet.com/~peteajones/temp/chile.jpg

What can one make of the judgement of someone who'd take a road bike
on a trip like that? But then, he IS a Trek owner....

Stab in the dark here, but....you don't ride a Trek, do you, Monique?

Pete