Old December 9th 04, 09:55 AM

Default Cycling benefits 'outweigh deaths'

"Terry" == Terry Collins writes:

Terry ritcho wrote:
Bull-**** as in "not right", or Bull-**** as in "nothing new
here"?

Motorist copout? Evidently, you read a different report than I...

Terry You must be new around here.

Terry Those two paragraphs always appear together like lamb and
Terry mint sauce, turkey and cranberry sauce, peanut butter and
Terry jelly (for the septic lurkers), or whatever your favourite
Terry combination is.

Help me out here please because it seems I'm missing something.

How does stating:

"It is important that motorists recognize the rights of cyclists to use
the road and be considerate."

and

"It is equally important for cyclists to know their responsibilities on
the road and follow the rules."

equate to giving the motorist a cop out? Seems to me it's far from bull
**** and more akin to common sense, so what am I missing that's so
obviously raised your hackles?
--
Cheers