Old October 14th 11, 04:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Zarniwoop

Default Rethinking getting Surly Long Haul Trucker frame?

On Oct 12, 11:47*am, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
Hi there.

I'm rethinking getting a Surly Long Haul Trucker frameset.

I was about to go to the shop to get measured for a Surly Long Haul
Trucker frame.

*BUT*

The Surly website says that there is only a *3 year limited warranty*
on the frame and also *Not* to use a kickstand as the frame is not
designed for the loads a kickstand can produce. This is with either a
chainstay mounted one or one that mounts on the rear chainstay/
seatstay area.

This frame's regular price here is $550.00 CDN and is on sale for
$340.00 for a short time on existing stock.

Why only a 3 year warranty on a steel frame? I expected a lifetime
limited warranty at least on a steel touring frame. A 3 year limited
warranty on what's suposed to be a quality steel heavy duty touring
frame just doesn't make sense to me. Even many department store steel
BSOs have lifetime warranties on the frame. Again, why such a short
warranty period from Surly for the LHT frame? Has the quality dropped
a lot from what it used to be?

Any light you can shed on why there's such a short warranty period
will be immensely appreciated by me.

Cheers from Peter

Trek... life time warrantee 540,

Soma saga, has KS plate ..& .. NB,
you also have rear left side triangle mount stands , too.