Old February 6th 17, 03:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Joy Beeson

Default AG: This tip probably doesn't apply at your house.

On Sun, 05 Feb 2017 16:24:02 +0700, John B.
wrote:

I would ask if a humidifier is actually necessary?

I suspect that you'd be more likely to need a de-humidifier.

Both of us get nosebleeds if the humidity isn't high enough, and his
are a laundry problem.

When we heated with a wood stove, the house didn't get dried out as
much as it did with central heat. It was also more comfortable,
because the sitting rooms were warmer than the working rooms.

My grandfather made a humidifier consisting of a narrow trough that
went between the coils of the radiator, with a small tank at the end.
I don't remember my parents doing anything about humidity. But we
lived in the kitchen and didn't heat the upstairs.

I suppose that our forced air would have dried the house more than
Grandfather's radiators.

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net