Old July 26th 05, 06:17 PM
Paul Kopit

Default Shimano 10-speed chain with Campy drivetrain + Jtek?

On 25 Jul 2005 18:47:49 -0700, "dennis" wrote:

What is the recommended chain to use for the following combination:

Campy derailleurs & shifters 10-speed +
Shimano cassette 10-speed +
Jtek model 1

I already have the Jtek, but the cassette is new and I thought I'd buy
a new chain (following advice to use new chain on new cassettes). My
current chain is campy 10. Should I get a Shimano 10-speed chain?

Will I have problems shifting in front with campy cranks if I use
shimano 10-speed chain?

I shift a Shiimano 10 cassette in my Campy bike w/o the Jtek. I was
using either IRD or Connex chain and it worked ok. I switched to
Shimano chain and the shifting is perfect. I do use a pre 2001 Campy
rear derailleur.