Old May 7th 18, 07:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default How did the stupid driver miss this marshal?

wrote:
Astana are "deeply sorry" after a support car almost hit a volunteer
and crashed through a traffic island during the Tour de Yorkshire.

Race marshal Philip Sullivan said he was "shaken but unhurt" after
Sunday's incident on the final stage in Leeds. Astana have spoken to
Mr Sullivan and "will have some gifts for him".

"The sport director that was driving the car contacted the race
organiser directly after the race to send our apologies," a statement
read.

++++"We're sorry and want this to never happen again." EMPHASIS MINE

Mr Sullivan was unhurt and said he did not want the crash to "tarnish
the the Tour de Yorkshire" and during his conversation with Astana
sports director Lars Michaelsen said that he would volunteer at next
year's race, where the two will "meet for a beer".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44028217

Most likely the driver was also a cyclist and all know about the gross
stupidity of cyclists.
Just face the truth. You have to be a bell-end to ride a bicycle.

As in cycling is:
Painfully slow.
Involves great physical effort.
You get soaked/frozen/roasted/blown over by the weather.
Makes you sweaty & smelly.
Cause piles.
Reduces sperm count.
Makes you dress like an extra in a gay rave movie.
Unable to carry passengers or goods.
People laugh at you.
Makes you a sponging freeloader.
Leaves you vulnerable to proper traffic.
Unable to attract member of the opposite sex if you are male. Women just
laugh at you. Everybody laughs at cyclists.
Hated by pedestrians and proper road users.