Old May 7th 18, 10:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default How did the stupid driver miss this marshal?

On Monday, May 7, 2018 at 7:43:04 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
wrote:
Astana are "deeply sorry" after a support car almost hit a volunteer
and crashed through a traffic island during the Tour de Yorkshire.

Race marshal Philip Sullivan said he was "shaken but unhurt" after
Sunday's incident on the final stage in Leeds. Astana have spoken to
Mr Sullivan and "will have some gifts for him".

"The sport director that was driving the car contacted the race
organiser directly after the race to send our apologies," a statement
read.

++++"We're sorry and want this to never happen again." EMPHASIS MINE

..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/44028217

Most likely the driver was also a cyclist and all know about the gross
stupidity of cyclists.
Just face the truth. You have to be a bell-end to ride a bicycle.

Michael Schumacher was a cyclist and a driver, I believe.
He also wore a titty hat.