Old May 11th 18, 08:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

Default Moron cyclist causes traffic jam

On 11/05/18 14:37, Simon Jester wrote:
On Friday, May 11, 2018 at 1:59:30 PM UTC+1, TMS320 wrote:
On 11/05/18 09:08, MrCheerful wrote:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/625980...d-traffic-jam/

If it caused a blockage of motor vehicles how come anybody noticed
anything unusual?

Looks like https://goo.gl/maps/kzMrcWSijRv

Yes, it does appear the initial problem is with motorists thinking
they have a 'right' to store their personal possessions on a public
highway followed by an arrogant motorist thinking they had priority
over a road user who was there by right rather than under licence.

We certainly are in a strange culture when confrontations due to the
abandoned vehicles have everything to do with those wishing to pass and
nothing to do with the abandoners.

If the SRU was using a SUV this would not happen.

In my experience on a bike, parked cars on my rhs are a particular
problem when meeting oncoming drivers. A road can easily be wide enough
for both of us but some drivers pull so far over they leave the clear
channel between them and the parked cars, not between them and my kerb.
Can be scary when moments earlier there was no reason not to commit.

That particular one looks like a problem because the overhead view shows
the road starts wide where the driver entered but necks down where the
rider was stopped. Doesn't look like a brilliant idea of Oxford CC to
extend the parking space to that point.