Old October 13th 08, 02:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
joejumps4fun

Default Wheel walking.

I learned how to ww at a tennis court. I would hold onto the chain
fence or the tennis net. Hold onto something while you "walk" (not
kick) the wheel. Eventually, you should get use to that body position.
It took me a lot of time and practice to get good. Also, lean back (but
not too far)...if you find yourself dismounting forward, then your
weight was too far ahead of the wheel...but be careful not to
accidentally dismount backwards--you may land on your butt if you don't
catch the ground in time.

Another thing that helped me is to get between the two poles holding
the tennis nets up (in the middle of two courts), or find a doorway and
start with your feet already up on the wheel. Go for it and let
go...ride as far as you can. It's pretty much like learning how to
unicycle all over again! I'm doing the same thing as you but I'm working
at one foot wheel walking and gliding at the moment. It's challenging to
learn new uni skills, but so much fun at the same time (to see yourself
progress).

Good luck!

--
joejumps4fun