Old August 19th 16, 02:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

Default Suspended licenses, unlicensed, or improperly licensed driver?

On Friday, August 19, 2016 at 5:42:41 AM UTC-7, David Scheidt wrote:
sms wrote:
:On 8/12/2016 7:55 AM, David Scheidt wrote:
: John B. wrote:
: :On Fri, 12 Aug 2016 00:16:23 -0500, "W. Wesley Groleau"
: wrote:
:
: :On 08-11-2016 02:01, John B. wrote:
: : with the Insurance Adjuster. I can't remember a single instance in
: : some 20 years that an insurance company tried to cheat us. I do
: :
: :Many, if not most, insurers in USA will pay fairly promptly according to
: :contract. But there are some that will procrastinate, argue, and split
: :hairs to hang on to their money (and yours).
: :
: :But once they have paid you, if it's a sizable amount, you can bet
: :they'll put the screws to whoever should have paid (if anyone).
:
: :You are confusing me. If you have a contract for insurance than
: :doesn't that contract specify the conditions under which money is to
: :be paid, proof of loss or damage required for payment to be made, the
: eriod of time required to assess the evidence prior to payment being
: :made and so on?
:
: Sure. But there are lots of situations where the loss is the fault of
: a third party. Consider a case where I hire an electrician to do some
: work. My house then burns down, becuase he decided to use unsuitable
: materials, installed unsafely. My homeowner's insurance is going to
: pay me,

:If you used a licensed contractor.

No, they're going to pay, regardless.

Yes, but note how you get to that result: https://www.irmi.com/articles/expert...tion-exclusion

If the house does not burn down, but the faulty wiring simply does not work or works poorly, your HO policy will not pay.

-- Jay Beattie.