Old August 26th 07, 09:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Artemisia

Default Recumbent Trikes - Where to Put the Lights?

Tim Hall wrote:

Go with the dynamo option but use B&M standlights. These have a
halogen lamp which givesa nice bright light when in motion, and an LED
which gives enough light for you to be seen when at a stop.

Thanks, I was just coming to the same conclusion. I've been googling all
the options in turn, and have finally discovered what "standlight"
means! I wish someone had told me about that when I paid all the extra
to get a hub dynamo on Behemoth.

So yes, Busch & Muller Dymotec 6 with Standlight. Considerably cheaper
than the SON hub option, and I've read postings that say the drag is
almost negligeable. Do you know if the drag can be removed completely
when the dynamo is off, or is there always some?

I'm hoping that as a corollary to this big investment, I will be able to
extend the number of days in the year when I can ride the bike to work.
The ability to ride by night would open up all the months between
October and March. Currently I feel too unsafe with the poor night
visibility aggravated by my balance problems.

EFR
Ile de France