Old August 12th 06, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.rides
Chuck Anderson

Default RSVP 2006 Trip Report

Claire Petersky wrote:
"Chuck Anderson" wrote in message

Claire Petersky wrote:

I stuck it on my meditations site, just to plop it somewhe

http://www.bicyclemeditations.org//RSVP2006.html

That looks like a really nice ride. I've driven from SeaTac to Bellingham
(and back) on 5,

On I-5? Ick.

Well, yeah, ... No bikes involved. I had a few days available to see my
grand daughter on her 7th birthday (daughter and grand daughter lived in
Bellingham in early 2005), so I flew into SeaTac, rented a car, and
drove to their house as fast as I could.

And now .... they're in Boston (go figure).

(I also serendipitously got this picture of downtown Seattle on that trip:
http://www.cycletourist.com/photos/misc/index.php?ds=1

I've been to Seattle four times, three of those were to start bike tours.

.... And then there was the time that I started a tour from Seattle to
Boulder by going up and around the north end of Lake Washington on the
bike path, but I went east to Issaquah.

You could have done just as well using the I-90 bike trail.

Okay, I guess I got that description all screwed up. That was quite some
years back. I had to dig out my old maps to clear this up.

After crossing I-5 (from SeaTac), climbing a very steep hill and
noodling around somewhere south and west of SeaTac, I was scratching my
head, looking at a map when a large pack/pace line stopped at a
convenience store across the street, so I asked for help. One member (I
believe they were with the Cascade Bicycling Club) told me to follow him
to Renton and then he showed me how to get on the path on the *west*
side of Lake Washington. A little north of there I got on a road that
paralleled I-90 (on the south side) to Issaquah. That was quite some
years back, but I'll never forget that favor.

And Issaquah was the perfect place to end up after an airplane/travel
day (I'd gotten into SeaTac about 2 or 3 in the afternoon).

At that time ('94), the Iron Horse Trail did not go through (or so I was
told, anyway), so the next day I cycled right on up I-90 to Denny Creek,
where I finally got off the Interstate.

--
Chuck Anderson • Boulder, CO