Old May 14th 07, 07:03 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Roger Zoul

Default Quality feedback on these bikes

duh wrote:
:: Roger Zoul wrote:
::: duh wrote:
::::: I'm going to be looking at a RANS Rocket, Bacchetta Cafe, Baccheta
::::: Giro 20 or 26, and an Easy Racer Javelin.
:::::
::::: What are the quality/durability factors for these bikes? I will
::::: be mostly commuting, but might want to do a little touring.
:::
::: Personally, from all that I've read about these bikes, I doubt you
::: could go wrong with any one of them. Of course, the higher priced
::: models tend to have better components, I think, and I'd worry more
::: about q/d factors on the lower priced models. I wonder if a 20 in
::: front might be better for commuting.
::
:: I was wanting the 20 front, but the guy local only has a Giro 26 in
:: stock. Can't remember what the Cafe has out front.
::
:: I'm not really wanting to have my feet above my head while trying to
:: navigate traffic. This would be my first bent anyway.
::

I have a dual 26 LWB (Rans Stratus) but the BB is lower so the effect isn't
so great. However, a SWB is thought by many to better for commuting, though
a 20/26 w/ low BB LWB is also thought to be good for that, too. Having your
feet closer to the ground is helpful in stop/go traffic, and being able to
move in/out/through tight spots easily is very important, I think.

:::
::: It would seem that a $1000 'bent is like a $600 DF, roughly.
:::
::: Have you been over to bentrideronline.com w/ this question?
:::
:::
::
:: I've been looking over there, but haven't found the right slot yet to
:: post in.

I'd suggest in the New To Recumbents forum under General Discussions forum.
Don't be shy, though, people are glad to help there.