Old July 13th 03, 03:40 AM
Rice

Default Mountain Biker Tries to Claim that Hikers Do More Damage

Mike Vandeman wrote:
On 12 Jul 2003 12:43:59 -0700, (Doug Haxton) wrote:
.Mike Vandeman wrote in message
. .. . .Small animals
that I have seen killed or injured by bicycles are snake and .
.chipmunks. . . . .To which one might quite rightly point out, "So
what?" . . Same as when mountain bikers get killed mountain biking. .
.Your statement equating the death of a mountain biker with that of a
.chipmunk is duly noted.
It's called "compensation": mountain bikers don't care about the death
of wildlife, so ....
===
I am working on creating wildlife habitat that is off-limits to humans
("pure habitat"). Want to help? (I spent the previous 8 years fighting
auto dependence and road construction.)
http://home.pacbell.net/mjvandehttp:...ll.net/mjvande

If you find us so insane and savage, what is the point of writing about
your critisims on a mtb messageboard? Do you think it makes a difference
if you wrote this or not, are you hoping to convert every mountainbiker
who read your stuff. I agree with you on one point; no bikers on hiker's
trails but I think that must be just about it.

Go bug another forum!