Old July 12th 17, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

Default Sparrows are a protected species

On 11/07/2017 15:54, Rob Morley wrote:
On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 20:39:34 +0100
"Kerr Mudd-John" wrote:

Here's an earlier version:
http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2017-0...ts-in-swansea/

He said: "You think it's a camera and you naturally put your foot down
on the brakes. But when you get closer you can clearly see it's fake."

Why would you brake? Surely you're not routinely exceeding the speed
limit?

One might well brake in order to be well under the speed limit for peace
of mind.

I remember my car being flashed at about 29mph in a 30mph limit in
Brighton (Preston Park on the A23, heading north out of the town).

Of course, nothing further happened, but it is completely irresponsible
of the relevant authorities to maintain a situation which can cause
unnecessary and even abusive anxiety to people who have done nothing wrong.

What if a notice had come though the door insisting that I was doing
38mph? There may well be ways to fight it, but why get into that sort of
hassle? Much easier to brake.