Old July 29th 17, 08:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default New bike for Jay

On Friday, July 28, 2017 at 6:14:54 PM UTC-7, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 7/28/2017 8:00 PM, Joerg wrote:

The was no drinking water source the whole 20mi and it was up and down
all the time.

Gosh!

Last Thursday I rode 25 miles in very high humidity and the sweat was pouring off of me. I was wearing a cycling cap under the helmet and the water came off it in a steady stream. I didn't take a sip of water for the whole time (1 hour 20 minutes) and had a small cup of coffee before starting back. By that time the humidity had gone down and the wind had picked up so I did another 40 miles without a drink. I did have three beers at the end of the ride. For all of the talk about alcohol dehydrating you I don't find that to be true.