Old April 20th 11, 02:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

Default Self Sealing Inner Tube: Do They Work ?

On Apr 17, 3:16*am, Tēm ShermĒn™ °_° ""twshermanREMOVE\"@THI
$southslope.net" wrote:
On 4/11/2011 11:20 AM, Bob wrote: Hello,

Do those "self-sealing" inner tubes work ?

Some swear by them, other swear at them.

When putting on new tubes, worth going to the trouble to get them ?

Any thoughts on would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bob

Do you live in an area with lots of puncture vine thorns, broken glass,
etc where you will be riding? *Otherwise, flats are not that common,
assuming that you are not using racing tires with relatively thin and
fragile casings and tread.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

Hi there.

Carl Fogel has posted many links to images of Slime tubes that got him
home even though they had a puncture usually from a goathead thorn. So
yes, based on his experiences I'd say it works.

I like the idea of a self-sealing tube preventing a flat that would
inconvenience a whole group or riders on a club ride if they had to
wait for the tube to be changed or repaired.

Cheers from Peter