Old November 23rd 07, 03:41 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gonzo

Default Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Thanks for the replies...
I agree with Joe - going down the munros in february would be pretty
challenging!
I have only been muniing for a year - and only regularly for the past 6
months, so I am not too much into hardcore municycling yet. However, I
have been thinking of going down Lochnaggar, which is the nearest munro
from Aberdeen. It is great for hiking - but I can't remember if it
would be suitable for muniing (last time I went I was not even aware
that munis existed). From what I remember, it should be pretty good.
I will definitely try it sometime next year - but not before spring to
have a chance of riding at least some portions of it... unless this
winter is unusually mild in which case we could consider it in
february.

Otherwise, I have never gone far with my muni, always staying around
Aberdeen (decent tracks within 10-20 miles of the city). Convenient for
my after-work muniing, but might be a bit short and limited for a
seasoned "munier".

In any case, let me know if you are planning to muni in the area. The
other alternatives suggested by Joe sound really good too - I know Fort
William is reknowned for excellent mountain-biking opportunities, and
the Cairngorms (Aviemore area) should be good too. Maybe sometime in
spring/summer 2008? Stay in touch.

Teddy

--
gonzo