Old November 26th 07, 10:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
jogi

Default Any Muni rider around Aberdeen, Scotland?

Hey folks,
off cause you are right, its not so easy munrocycling in winter.
we,v done some munroes and also got winter munro experiences last
december,- without muni´s and it was a hard work.
But i think its possible even when there are different problems.
First of all the weather. Even with a good forecast it may turn quick
into unlikely conditions.
In clouds and while snowing there are problems to find the way and with
orientation, but we have to use maps and compass anyway...
The temperatur itsself is not the problem, but in combination with wind
it might be really could - and in strong winds any movement over longer
distances might be impossible. So we have use the right equipment for
to stay a could night uphill.
On top there are the "muni problems".
We have to bring them up, that means minimum 7 Kg weight on top.
And most of all we have to find a suitable munro.
I know a few where it would be possible to cycle the lower part and
others where we could do the upper part....but i have done none where
its possible to do the whole munro with muni.
May be Mount Keen is a good one?
http://www.munromagic.com/MountainInfo.cfm?Mountain=235
Or Carn Asoda?
http://www.munromagic.com/MountainInfo.cfm?Mountain=278